The market behind my house is a godsend. It allows me to decide what I'm going to make for dinner completely at the last minute.....which is what I do.....almost every day. When I don't have a market in my backyard, I screw-ed.
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/8 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges (about 1 pound)
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, each cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
To prepare dressing, place first 10 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Chill.
To prepare salad, place 4 cups lettuce mixture on each plate. Arrange 6 tablespoons chicken, 4 tomato wedges, 2 egg wedges, 2 tablespoons avocado, and 1 tablespoon cheese over each serving. Serve each salad with 1/4 cup dressing.